“When you can't explain it, you can find a song that can.”
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: How much do you charge?
A: It all depends on what is requested, and there is much to consider.
- How many hours of live music will you need, and how many sets will you require?
- Is this an indoor or outdoor event?
- Will we be required to dress according to the client’s specifications, anything outside of either "normal" formal or casual attire?
- Will you require us to bring PA or will PA be provided? Size matters. How big is the venue? The sound has to fit the room.
- Will we be required to bring stage lighting?
- Is a stage provided, or will we have to supply it?
- Will we need to learn new music for your event, music that is not already listed on our play list?
- Will you need us to provide music in between sets?
- Will we need to also act as a master of ceremonies?
- Will safe parking be provided?
- How far will we need to travel for your event? On average, we charge an additional $80.00 per every 50 miles traveled outside of the Houston city limits unless the client is providing transportation to and from the event.
- Will this require an overnight stay? Hotel fees, food and beverage for the band are factored into the price unless the client is providing accommodations.
Other factors may arise during planning, but all questions will be answered and plans finalized prior to your event so that you, the client, can enjoy the party.
Q: Are you a family friendly band?
A: Absolutely! We play at various venues in front of varying audiences, large and small, young and young at heart. We can provide the best live entertainment for any audience, event, and occasion.
Q: Do you travel out of town for shows?
A: Yes! We have reliable ground transportation. On average, we charge an additional $80.00 per every 50 miles traveled outside of the Houston city limits.
Q: Do you require a down payment and/or contract?
A: For all private parties, we do require 30% to be paid within 1 week of the signed contract. You can see a list of basic items that would be included in a contract agreement in the Contracts and What to Expect section further below, but the actual contract between A Sure Thing and you may have altered terms. This is worked out when we plan together.
Q: If I don’t see songs on your list that I want for my event, will you take my request?
A: Yes, we are happy to create a customized play list of songs for your event. If you purchase the platinum package, we will learn up to 15 new songs in addition to the extensive list that we are able to provide as long as we have the instruments required to provide you with the songs of your choice. All that we require is that the finalized list be submitted to the band at least 2 months in advance of your event. This gives the band time to rehearse so that your customized show is TIGHT!
A Sure Thing Packages
- A Sure Thing, five-piece band
- Playlist of varied music from our lengthy list of hits
- Recorded break music
- A Sure Thing, five-piece band
- Playlist of varied music from our lengthy list of hits PLUS an additional 5 new songs if you do not see your favorites listed on our website
- Recorded break music
- Basic PA and lights set up for smaller venues
- A Sure Thing, five piece band with optional additional musicians to include but not limited to: horn section and/or accordion for Tejano music added or for a big band sound
- Playlist of varied music from our lengthy list of hits PLUS an additional 10 new songs if you do not see your favorites listed on our website
- PA and lights to suit venue size
- DJ and MC
A Sure Thing, five piece band with optional additional musicians to include but not limited to: horn section and/or accordion for Tejano music added or for a big band sound
Personalized music set from our lengthy list of hits PLUS an additional 15 new songs if you do not see your favorites listed on our website
PA to suit venue size
Light show to suit venue size and or theme
DJ and MC
Contracts and What to Expect
The following are some basic items that you might see when you decide to enter into an agreement with a band. Items will vary, depending on a number of factors, but you can count on the following:
- Exact date of event, arrival time, and location of the event to include the exact address
- Equipment that you are expected to supply and equipment the band is expected to supply--stage area, power sources, lighting, PA, backline, etc. The cost of sound and lights are included in the price of the band. The bigger the sound, the higher the price, but that is standard for all bands.
- Bands should specify how many musicians have been booked, that is, are you hiring a six-piece band or a 12-piece orchestra? Make sure to also note the instruments they'll be playing. A Sure Thing is a five-piece band, but we have the resources to add more members who play specialized instruments to meet your needs: accordion, horn section, more vocalists, etc.
- The names of the particular musicians who will play at your event, plus the names of their substitutes should an emergency arise.
- Attire guidelines: if you have any special requirement for what the performers wear, be sure to note them and be prepared to have this factored into the total price if the attire is something out of the ordinary.
- A list of what will be played and when it is to be played. Also talk to the band representative about B-list songs to play should they need to fill time. If you are serious about a DO NOT PLAY LIST, attach the list of songs you do NOT want played at your event.
- Amount of time you've booked the band to include load in, sound checks, start and end times, breaks, and load out.
- How many breaks are needed and when they plan to break for dinner (remember to think about what you'll need for music during these break times). Some bands will include this as part of their package, others may not. A Sure Thing includes a DJ/MC as part of the gold and platinum packages.
- Parking arrangements for the band and ease of access to the venue for load in and out.
- Fees and overtime rates, a clause that ensures the bands flexibility should you need the show or event to run longer.
- Food and beverages for the band
- Space allotted for the band to change, eat, and/or rest before the event and during breaks.
- Deposit and balance due dates
- Cancellation/refund policy.